Week of 9/4-9/8
Unit A, Chapter 1: Plants Grow and Change
- living: things that need food, water, and air to grow
- nonliving: things that do not need food, water, and air and do not grow
- nutrients: minerals from the soil
- seed coats: covering that protects a seed
- germinate: begin to grow, as seeds do
- seedling: young plant that grows from a seed
- cactus: desert plant that can store water in its stems
This Week's Objectives:
- Distinguish between living organisms and nonliving organisms.
- Identify sunlight, air, nutrients, and water as things plants need to grow.
- Observe and describe ways a plant may be affected by its environment.
- Observe plants to determine how they are alike and different.
- Identify plants that can be alike and different in different places.
IXL also has a Science tab! At the top, click on 'Science' and your child may practice the following sections which match class lessons: