Week of 3/26-3/30
Unit C, Chapter 1: Earth's Resources
- rock: hard, nonliving thing that comes from Earth; contains one or more minerals
- soil: loose top layer of Earth's surface
- boulder: large rock
- sand: tiny pieces of rock
- resource: anything people use or need
- natural resource: something found in nature that people can use to meet their needs
- transportation: ways to move people or things
- mineral: hard, nonliving substance that comes from nature; can be a metal or gemstone
This Week's Objectives:
- Recognize and describe different kinds of rocks and soil.
- Identify ways people use rocks and soil.
- Recognize that living things need water to live and grow.
- Give examples of ways people use water.
- Identify natural resources that people use.
- Describe ways in which people use plants, minerals, and air.
IXL also has a Science tab! At the top, click on 'Science' and your child may practice the following sections which match class lessons: