For Science questions, please email Ms. Phan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week of 5/22-5/26
Unit D, Chapter 1: The Sun, the Moon, and Stars
- sun: star closest to Earth
- energy: something that can do work and cause change
- solar energy: light and heat from the sun
- rotation: spinning round and round
- orbit: path an object moves around something else
- season: time of year that has a certain kind of weather
- moon: largest object you can see in the night sky
- moonlight: light of the moon
- crater: hole, valley, or indentation on a planet or a moon made by a large rock
- constellation: group of stars that form a star picture
This Week's Objectives:
- Demonstrate how the reflection of the sun's light enables us to see the moon.
- Explain how sunlight and the moon's orbit around Earth make the moon appear to change shape.
- Identify and compare stars and planets.
- Identify a group of stars as a constellation.
- Make a Constellation Activity
- Open book test will be on Thursday, May 18th!
Trash to Treasure Science Project: DUE FRIDAY, MAY 12TH
IXL also has a Science tab! At the top, click on 'Science' and your child may practice the following sections which match class lessons: