Week of 5/14-5/18
Unit C, Chapter 2: Earth Long Ago
- fossil: what is left of a plant or animal that lived long ago
- paleontologist: scientist who studies fossils
- reconstruct: rebuild
- dinosaur: animal that lived millions of years ago
- extinct: once alive but no longer existing
- Triceratops: name of one kind of dinosaur
This Week's Objectives:
- Explain how some kinds of fossils are made.
- Describe what fossils are and where they are found.
- Describe how scientists collect and reconstruct fossils.
- Explain what scientists learn from fossils.
- Give examples of different kinds of dinosaurs.
- Describe what scientists have learned about dinosaurs.
- Recognize that all dinosaurs were not the same size.
- Recognize that scientists continue to find new information about dinosaurs.
- Test on Wednesday, May 16th!
IXL also has a Science tab! At the top, click on 'Science' and your child may practice the following sections which match class lessons: