Week of 10/23-10/27
Chapter 4: Using Bar Models: Addition and Subtraction
- join: bring together two or more sets
- set: a collection of items
- take away: remove one from the whole
- compare: find out which of two sets has more or fewer things
This Week's Objectives:
- Use bar models to solve addition and subtraction problems.
- Apply the inverse operations of addition and subtraction problems.
- Model addition as joining sets.
- Model subtraction as taking away.
- Model addition and subtraction as comparing sets.
The following are sections we have covered if your child would like extra practice!:...
- M.7 and B.2
- G.6 and I.3
- H.4 and J.3
- J.5 and H.6