Week of 9/17-9/21
Chapter 5: Multiplication and Division
- times: see "multiply"
- equal: having the same amount or number
- group: a set of things
- multiply: put all the equal groups together
- repeated addition: 3+3+3+3=12. Groups of 3 added 4 times. You can use repeated addition to find the number of things in all.
- multiplication sentence: a number sentence involving multiplication
- multiplication story: a number story involving multiplication
- share: put into groups
- divide: put into equal groups or share equally
- equal groups: groups or sets that have the same amount
- division sentence: a number sentence involving division
- repeated subtraction: 6-2-2-2=0. Groups of 2 are subtracted 3 times. You can use repeated subtraction to find the number of groups.
- Use equal groups and repeated addition to multiply.
- Make multiplication stories about pictures.
- Make multiplication sentences.
- Divide to share equally.
- Divide by repeated subtraction of equal groups.
- Make groups of 2 to find odd and even numbers. Understand that an even number is the sum of two equal numbers.
- Solve multiplication word problems.
- Solve division word problems.
We have covered the following sections if your child would like additional practice: