Week of 3/26-3/30
Chapter 14: Time
- hour hand: the short hand on a clock
- minute hand: the long hand on a clock
- minute: a unit of time. 60 minutes equal 1 hour
- hour: a unit of time equal to 60 minutes
- o'clock: o'clock means according to the clock
- after: past
- clock face: on a clock face, the long hand tells the hour and the short hand tells the minutes after the hour
- A.M.: use A.M. to talk about time just after midnight to just before noon
- P.M.: use P.M. to talk about time just after noon to just before midnight
This Week's Objectives:
- Use the minute hand to show and tell the number for every five minutes after the hour.
- Show and tell time in hours and minutes.
- Use A.M. and P.M. to show morning, afternoon, or night.
- Order events by time.
- Determine how much time has passed.
The following are sections we have covered if your child would like extra practice!:...
- M.7 and B.2
- G.6 and I.3
- H.4 and J.3
- J.5 and H.6
- L.9 and L.10
- Y.1 and Y.2
- Y.5 and Y.3