Week of 12/11-12/15
Chapter 7: Metric Measurement of Length
- meterstick: a meter-long ruler to measure length
- length: how long something is
- meter (m): a metric unit of length
- unit: units are used to measure
- width: how wide something is
- height: how high something is
- taller, tallest
- shorter, shortest
- longer, longest
- centimeter (cm): a metric unit of length, used to measure shorter lengths
This Week's Objectives:
- Use a meterstick to estimate and measure length.
- Compare lengths.
- Find the difference in lengths of objects.
- Use a centimeter ruler to measure and compare length of objects.
- Draw a line of given length.
- Find the difference in centimeters in lengths of objects.
- Solve one-step and two-step problems involving length.
- Draw models to solve real-world problems.
- Test on Thursday, December 14th!
The following are sections we have covered if your child would like extra practice!:...
- M.7 and B.2
- G.6 and I.3
- H.4 and J.3
- J.5 and H.6
- L.9 and L.10
- Y.1 and Y.2
- Y.5 and Y.3